My research interests are focused on system modeling, requirements engineering and formal methods. I define frameworks, based either on formal methods or on models (systems engineering), to support the systems validation and the systems certification. For that, I use formal methods (model checking, like SMT) or conceptual models.
I have worked as a consultant in urban transportation and financial sector for five years. I made, for the Banque de France, a business rules engine which automatically generates financial analysis. This tool is currently in production. For the Paris public transport operator (RATP), I designed a decision support system for the management of public transport systems to deal with issues of urban traffic (prototype TRL6). I did my thesis in Artificial Intelligence: "A Logic for Planning under Partial Observability", in IRIT.
- 2016 - 2019 PHYLOG (DGAC Directorate General for Civil Aviation France) Embedded software certification on multi-core or many-core processor (civil avionics)
- 2017 - 2019 INSTAT (DGAC) Bridging the gap between design and manufacture in the manufacture of aircraft
- 2017 - 2018 Simultaneous Engineering: work with Airbus Aircraft Architects to allow the architect to have a global view of the aircraft design and of the manufacturing and to support the concurrent specification of the product and its manufacturing system
- 2014 - 2016 TOICA (European project FP7) Thermal Overall Integrated Conception of Aircrafts
- 2011 - 2015 Projet P.
- 2009 - 2012 CRESCENDO(European project FP7) Collaborative and Robust Engineering using Simulation Capability Enabling Next Design Optimisation
- 2011 OPEES Open Platform for the Engineering of Embedded Systems
- 2009 PAM Platform architecture management in AIRSYS (cooperation between Airbus, LAAS-CNRS, ONERA and IRIT).
- 2002 - 2003 Van Gogh Logical Architectures for autonomous agents and planning, european project between Institut de Recherche en Informatique de Toulouse and Vrije Universiteit d'Amsterdam.
- Thomas Polacsek, Sanjiv Sharma, Claude Cuiller and Vincent Tuloup, The need of diagrams based on Toulmin schema application: an aeronautical case study EURO Journal on Decision Processes (EJDP), 6:257, 2018.
- Clément Duffau , Thomas Polacsek and Mireille Blay-Fornarino, Support of Justification Elicitation: Two Industrial Reports 30th International Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering (CAISE'18), 2018.
- Cédric Pralet, Stéphanie Roussel, Thomas Polacsek, François Boussière, Claude Cuiller, Pierre- Eric Dereux, Stéphane Kersuzan, Marc Lelay, A Scheduling Tool for Bridging the Gap Between Aircraft Design and Aircraft Manufacturing. Proceedings of ICAPS'18 2018
- Thomas Polacsek, Stéphanie Roussel, François Bouissiere, Claude Cuiller, Pierre-Eric Dereux and Stephane Kersuzan, Towards thinking manufacturing and design together: an aeronautical case study 36th International Conference on Conceptual Modelling (ER'17), 2017.
- Thomas Polacsek. Validation, Accreditation or Certification: a New Kind of Diagram to Provide Confidence IEEE Tenth International Conference on Research Challenges in Information Science (RCIS'16), 2016.
- Rémi Delmas and Thomas Polacsek. Need-to-share & non-diffusion requirements verification in exchange policies 27th International Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering (CAISE'15), 2015. (springer website)
- Anthony Fernandes Pires, Thomas Polacsek, Virginie Wiels and Stéphane Duprat. Behavioural Verification in Embedded Software, from Model to Source Code ACM/IEEE 16th International Conference on Model Driven Engineering Languages and Systems (MODELS2013), 2013.(springer website)
- Rémi Delmas and Thomas Polacsek. Formal methods for exchange policy specification. 25th International Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering (CAISE'2013), 2013.(springer website)
- David Bihanic and Thomas Polacsek. Models to support the visualisation of Complex Information Systems. 16th International Conference Information Visualisation, IV2012, 2012. (paper in public archive)